Pillars of Community Development
Formed in 2012, St’át’imc Eco-Resources (SER) is a for-profit incorporated entity, comprising 9 of the 11 St’át’imc communities, including Xwisten, Xa’xtsa, N’Quatqua, Samahquam, Tsal’alh, Skatin, T’it’q’et, Ts’kw’aylaxw, Xaxli’p Indian Band.
SER intends on creating a collaborative business development strategy to stimulate the sustainable economic development for St’át’imc Peoples and their lands.
SER develops profitable, sustainable business opportunities that attract investment, produce capital, and generate profits for reinvestment in the manner that improves úcwalmicw well-being and quality of life.
Employment & Training
- Job opportunities
- On-going career training
- Career development support
- Quarterly progress reports on both employment and training programs
- Identify sub-contract opportunities for community- and member-owned businesses
- Provide reports to SER regarding progress and award amounts to communities and members
SER will work with corporate partners to develop and provide programs that support capacity development in communities. This may include:
• Developing mutually beneficial plans and proposals
• Corporations working with SER through the Partnership process to develop a forecast of contracts and revenue sharing